If you have read the lighter side before you know that I love word humor. A friend of mine, The Wonka has turned me onto a new form of word humor paraprosdokians. At least it’s new to me.
First time I heard about paraprosdokians, I liked them. Winston Churchill loved them, so I am in good company. Think you will too.
Paraprosdokians are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected and is more often then not humorous.
Hope they tickle your funny bone too.
1. Where there’s a will, I want to be in it.
2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it’s still on my list.
3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
4. If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
5. We never really grow up — we only learn how to act in public.
6. War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
9. I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
10. In filling out an application, where it says, “In case of emergency, notify…. I answered “a doctor.”
Spread the Laughter, Share the Cheer,
Let’s Be Happy While We’re here!